- Coyote tales are part of the Paiute oral tradition used to teach proper behavior and values from an early age. These stories are only told during the winter time. The Coyote illustrates the mischievous nature in all of us. This lesson the Paiute tale, Coyote and Duck to enhance comprehension and prediction skills of students. It also helps students become familiar with cultural storytelling and its importance in Native cultures. Students will have a brief introduction to the Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah (PITU) and its location in Utah. The lesson includes a discussion about Native American regalia and explicitly addresses stereotypes.
- Remix of:
- Lesson Plan Template
- Dance, Literature, English Language Arts, Elementary English Language Arts, History, Social Studies
- Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan, Reading
- Lorna Loy, Brenda Beyal
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Audio, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.