- Students will use predicting, questioning, commenting, and connecting to the text as strategies while they read. They will also practice retelling the story to a partner to demonstrate comprehension. This detailed lesson plan is based on the "Bear and Deer" story booklet adapted by Merry Adams; Cultural Consultants: Genevieve Fields and Chrissandra Murphy. The Native American Indian Literacy Project was made possible by funds from the Utah State Office of Education (USOE). It is a joint effort of the USOE and San Juan School District Media Center. Lesson Plan Author: Patricia Helquist
- Remix of:
- Lesson Plan Template
- Elementary English Language Arts, Social Studies
- Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Katie Blunt
- Utah State Office of Education
- Provider Set:
- Native American Literacy Project
- Date Added:
- Public Domain Dedication
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
This resource has not been reviewed or approved by the Utah Education Network or Utah State Board of Education.