- This is a Pre-K to K lesson about bees and how they help our food grow by pollinating plants. The lesson includes Keynote slides identifying bees from other insects, repetition of the word pollination, a video of the author with backyard bees, and a worksheet assessment.Students will learn how to spot a bee vs other flying insects, what pollination means, what a beehive looks like, and will see bees pollinating flowers and carrying pollen to their hive.
- Remix of:
- Bees and Pollination
- Agriculture, Biology
- Preschool, Lower Elementary
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Game, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Media Object
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Video, Other
Achieve OERAverage Score (3 Points Possible)
|Degree of Alignment||3 (2 users)|
|Quality of Explanation of the Subject Matter||3 (2 users)|
|Utility of Materials Designed to Support Teaching||3 (2 users)|
|Quality of Assessments||2.5 (2 users)|
|Quality of Technological Interactivity||3 (1 user)|
|Quality of Instructional and Practice Exercises||3 (2 users)|
|Opportunities for Deeper Learning||3 (1 user)|
The resources provided are great. It looks like a successful plan to introduce bees and pillination.
I really enjoy all the resources that go with this lesson plan (worksheets, pictures, game ideas, etc.). It is put together very well. I will probably break it up and use it throuhgout my entire week vs all in one sitting.