- Tookwee’nup, legends, are Paiute stories told during the winter months. They are mythical, often humorous, and they contain a moral. Tookwee’nup teach Paiute children why things are like they are. The stories give spiritual instruction and expose the children to human characteristics that we all possess. This lesson uses this Paiute tale to help students learn about fire myth patterns, wildfires and develop vocabulary.
- Remix of:
- Lesson Plan Template
- Literature, Elementary English Language Arts, History, Science
- Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson Plan
- Lorna Loy, Brenda Beyal
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.