- "Coyote and the Rock" is a Northwestern Band of Shoshone Nation tale. Many Native American tribes have "Coyote Stories." Coyote stories are traditionally only told in the winter season. Coyote stories are meant to entertain or instruct, or both. After reading the story students will create a "living picture" called a Tableau. A tableau is a representation of a dramatic scene by a person or group, posing silently without moving. In art, tableaus can be seen in the theater when a stage picute shows silent, still, costumed actor in poses creating a scene. Tableaus allows teachers to engage students with multiple learning styles. It can serve as an assessment tool when students "show what they know" as a frozen picture. Tableau can support literacy when used to comprehend text and analyze literary elements such as character, plot, them, conflict and resolution. Tableaus also supports cooperative learning environments.
- Remix of:
- Language Arts/Dance with Coyote and the Rolling Stone
- Theater, Elementary English Language Arts
- Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Brenda Beyal, Lorna Loy
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.