Kinder-3rd Grade Lessons - White Ribbon Week
Parent Flier - Eagle Valley PDF White Ribbon Week Activities
Digital Citizenship- Eagle Valley White Ribbon Week- Internet Safety
This is a week-long, school-wide lesson to help Elementary Schools teach internet safety. The Lessons were designed with power statements in mind and then student challenges are given. Along with individual challenges, a button-making contest was integrated and the winning image was made into a school-wide button for all the students.
These lessons were collaboratively designed by a committee of teachers and the school community council for Eagle Valley.
White Ribbon Week
This is a week long, school wide lesson template to help Elementary Schools teach internet safety. The Lessons were designed with power statements in mind and then student challenges are given. Along with individual challenges a button making contest was integrated and the winning image was made into a school wide button for all the students.
These lessons where collaboratively designed by a committee of teachers and the school community council for Eagle Valley.
Background for Teachers
These lessons contain short videos to watch with the class and then after the video is shown teachers are to read the discussion questions for students.
These discussions can be....
- Whole class
- Small group
- Turn and talk
- popcorn style
- randomly choose students by putting names in a hat
The important thing is to ensure dialogue takes place and that kids have time to complete the personal challenges associated with the lessons.
Step 1 - Goals and Outcomes
Students will be able to become more familiar with Eagle Valleys Internet Safety Power Statements
- I have the power to not share private information online.
- I have the power to not look at embarrassing pictures.
- I have the Power to tell a trusted adult if I see something that doesn't feel right.
- I have the Power to turn it off.
- I have the power to say kind things
Students will be able to complete the daily challenge associated with each power statement and/or particiate in the debrief questions.
Step 2 - Planning Instruction
Student Background Knowledge
- These lessons are designed for teachers and students to participate without having any prior knowledge. The videos assocaited with the lessons contain all the content knowledge associated with the power statements.
- Parents and Students who are at home can access these lessons through our school flier and the lessons are made so they can easily participate as well.
Step 3 - Instruction
Kinder-3rd Grade Lessons
4th - 6th Grade Lessons
Step 4 - Assessments
If students complete and participate in the daily challenges you will kniw they are understanding the content and taking on the power statements.