2. Add Photos - Applied Digital Skills
3. Search Photos - Applied Digital Skills
4. Edit Photos - Applied Digital Skills
5. Create and Add Photos to an Album
Assignment 6 Rubrics
Get Organized with Google Photos
This lesson will help guide you through organizing your photos with Google Photos.
This lesson we will be organizing our photos with Google Photos. We will take pictures, upload to Google Photos, edit photos and create albums.
- This lesson should take approximately 45 - 90 minutes
- Online self-pace course
- This lesson is taken from Applied Digital Skills
Background for Teachers
- To teach this lesson, you will need an understanding of Google Photos, creating albums, taking photos, uploading photos to Google Drive and editing the photos.
Step 1 - Goals and Outcomes
- Students will be able to successfully sign into Google account.
- Download the Google Photos app.
- Add photos to Google Photos.
- Delete unwanted photos.
- Search for photos by date and location.
- Add location information.
- Add the names of the people in your photos
- Edit pictures by rotating, trimming, and adding filters and adjust the lighting.
- Create a new album.
- Add photos to your album.
- Share your album.
- Ex. Students will be able to understand how advertisers use persuasive techniques in multi-modal advertisements.
- Students will create a photo album demonstrating the above skills and share the album with the teacher.
Step 2 - Planning Instruction
Student Background Knowledge
- Prior to this lesson, students will need to have an understanding of creating a Google Account and download Google Photos on phone.
Step 3 - Instruction
Get organized with Google photos – watch video 1
1. Sign in to your Google account.
2. Open Google Photos in your browser.
ADD PHOTOS – watch video 2
1. Download the Google Photos app.
2. Take at least five photos of three different objects.
3. Add photos to Google Photos.
4. Go to Google Photos in your browser.
SEARCH PHOTOS - watch video 3
1. Delete unwanted photos.
2. Search for photos by date and location.
3. Add location information.
4. Add the names of the people in your photos.
EDIT PHOTOS – watch video 4
1. Choose a picture to edit.
2. Rotate, trim or add filters and/or adjust the lighting.
CREATE AND ADD PHOTOS TO ALBUM – watch video 5
1. Create a new album.
2. Add photos to your album.
3. Share your album.
Step 4 - Assessments
See the attached Rubrics for critieria for grading your completed Google Photos Album