- Professional Learning
- Material Type:
- Middle School
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Formats:
Mac and Dan
MUSCULAR STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE
Personal Fitness Plan
Weights max tracker
Personal Workout Plan
6 week workout personal planner
We are going to have the students write their own personal workout plan. At the end of the 6 week unit, the students will have their own personal work out plan, with coresponding sets and reps. Plus they will understand the health benefits from weight lifting.
Time frame - 60 minutes, twice a week, for 6 weeks
- Format - synchronous, asynchronous, face-to-face, and virtual
- Authors - Kyle Bilbao
Background for Teachers
You will need prior knowledge or understanding about the following terms and ideas: Set, reps, max, TUT, AMRAP, burnout, you'll need to know about weight room safety, rules, and procedures.
Step 1 - Goals and Outcomes
- Students will be able to write their own personal workout plan (6 week).
- Students will be able to explain the health benefits from weight lifting.
- Students will provide workout plan
- Students will pass at 80% or higher the health benefits assessment.
Step 2 - Planning Instruction
Student Background Knowledge
- Prior to this lesson, students will need to have an understanding of proper weight lifting technique for the different lifts.
- Safety rules and protocols
- Which lifts workout which muscles
Strategies for Diverse Learners
Use the more advanced lifters as examples to show how to properly perform a lift. Also, pair experienced lifters with less experienced lifters to help them gain more understanding and knowledge.
Step 3 - Instruction
- Students will first max out to get a base of where they are at on all of the standard lifts.
- Students will get into groups of 2-4 each day and they will work on their max out sheets. They will go through all the lifts each day, track how much weight they lifted, write it down, and spot their partners while they lift.
- After 6 weeks, students will max out again to see progress made from the first max to the last max.
Step 4 - Assessments
- Weightlifting quiz
- Partner feedback
- Teacher observation