Digital Citizenship Personalized Learning
This is a lesson plan I created for my teaching digital citizenship class.
This is a way for students to learn about digital citizenship offering voice and choice in both the learning input and output.
Time frame: a week
Students will work primarily on their own to learn about digital citizenship and share what they have learned.
Teachers need to have some familiarity and comfort with personalized learning.
Students should have some knowledge of ways to create certain digital projects like infographics, flipgrid, and slideshows.
Learning intentions and success criteria
Learning intention: I am learning about digital citizenship.
Success criteria: I can identify important elements of being a good digital citizen.
I can share what I have learned about digital citizenship with others.
- Discuss what it means to be a citizen with the class.
- Relate the concept of citizenship to the digital world.
- Tell students they will be choosing some online activities to learn mkore aboyt digital citizenship.
- Share the learning intentions and the successcriteria.
- Provide access through Google classroom to the following Genially link: https://view.genial.ly/6057a6aef30c2d0d293c4f09/learning-experience-didactic-unit-basic-didactic-unit
- Facilitate completion of the activities and final products.
Strategies for Diverse Learners
This lesson naturally supports diverse learners by giving them voice and choice in the learning resources and the way they will share their new knowledge.
Students will complete the pretty straigjhtforward quiz. However, most of the learnign will be evident from their final product.