Backyard Collage Art
A fun activity where kids can search outside for living matter to arrange and create different bug or insect species.
- When collecting plant parts for your collage, make sure you only collect what you plan to use and try not to take too much from one plant.
- Make sure to ask permission before taking any plant parts from neighbors’ plants.
- Since this is “living art,” your collage will wilt. Once you finish, take a photo or draw a picture of your creation to make it last longer.
- White Glue
- Collected Plant Parts
- Take a moment to brainstorm what kind of bug collage you would like to create. Try to plan for some of the materials
- you might want to collect. Need some inspiration? Check out the collages created by artist Raku Inoue pictured below.
- Once you have all your materials, it’s time to create! Arrange your materials and use glue to secure them in place.
Download the Activity Guide
You can download and print the full activity guide here!